Friday 29 March 2019

Get the most from your California Wine Country Tours



When the fall arrives, it saddens me a little because it indicates that another travel season is over. Although, it has not really made much difference in recent years because I still have to take my ass out of all the fabulous destinations I want to visit.

I can only blame myself because I do not prepare properly.

It's like the Napa and Sonoma wine country tour I made with my sister and her family about 15 years ago. All my life I have wanted to go to California from my home in Ontario, Canada. I dreamed it for years. Then, one day, she announced that they were planning a camp expedition across the country and that I would be welcome to join them.

My dream was coming true. I was euphoric

For the next four months, I focused all my energy on my work. When I was not at work, I was watching TV or writing something. Meanwhile, my sister was collecting information about the places we can visit in the course of our wine country tours from San Francisco. Since we are both interested in nature, I left all the details to her.

However, when the time came for the trip, I realized that I had not investigated anything other than taking a look at some of the books I had brought from the library. She had not spent the necessary time working on the plans or even doing something of her own.

If you plan to travel with your family, do your own research in advance. This may sound like common sense, but it was something I could not do. As a result, I had some dissatisfaction with the tour. She had not thought about the historical places and geological formations that would have been fascinating to visit, apart from the famous city of Tombstone, Arizona, and the Grand Canyon. Fortunately, we visited there, but I could have gotten more out of it if I had done my own research instead of repeatedly asking for a side trip.

The biggest mistake I made was not working with my sister during the planning stage of the trip. Being lazy, I'm going too much to her. Instead of seeing things like El Alamo in San Antonio, the famous Route 66, the UFO sites in Area 51, the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, the San Andreas Fault, the blooming desert in Arizona and the Hollywood attractions, we spend much of our time hanging around marshes, fields and streams while we follow the migration of birds from the USA. UU to Canada.

Obviously, we all had a different mandate.

Do not get me wrong I enjoyed the nature that we saw on the way, but I would also have liked to see some of the cities. Since our trip, I have discovered even more places that I would have liked to see, but now it is too late because it is doubtful that I will return for that three-month trip.

The next time you plan a vacation, start early so you have time to research what's available, share ideas and interests and, if necessary, book accommodation and other services to avoid disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment